On the 2Nd date of Christmas, Shane took me to the Open Space Visitor Center. I had always heard about this place but never knew where it was. And let me just say, this place is beautiful and awesome!
We went to see a quilt display and see the birds. The quilts were unbelievable. Some of them looked like painting!
Since birds fly south for the winter, and since New Mexico is South – we saw some beautiful birds in the the Bosque. The Open Space Visitor Center has some great views of the Bosque where the birds hang out and gossip. Well I like to think they are talking about their travels and the other birds and all that….
We saw Canadian Geese and Sandhill Cranes they were so beautiful and loud! It was really funny watching the cranes land – they are so graceful until they try and land. There were hundres of birds in the Bosque.
If you live in Albuquerque and have not been to the Open Space Visitor Center you must go!
We had brunch at the Indigo Crow Cafe in Corrales since this was our morning date. It’s such a cute restaurant and the food was amazing!
After we ate we went an art show in Corrales. The Fifth Annual Holiday Art Festival was cute. There was one artist who had their cat just hanging out on a chair in their area. Our cats would never have allowed that. This cool cat was just napping and people watching!
The 2nd date of Christmas was fun and I am realizing that by doing these dates we are really getting to be tourists of our own city and experience places and activities we normally wouldn’t.
Canadian Geese and Sandhill Cranes
Quilt – Changing Seasons by Marianne R. Williamson
Quilt – Friends by Jennifer Day
This was a tree stump that was carved into art at the Open Space Visitor Center
Indigo Crow Cafe in Corrales
Indigo Crow Cafe in Corrales
We had our first date last week!
The Wednesday before Thanksgiving I took Shane on our “Something New” date. We ate dinner at a restaurant we had never been to called Farina Pizzeria and Wine Bar. It’s super cute and cozy and the food was delicious! It was crowded since it was the day before Thanksgiving and it seemed like no one wanted to cook. We only had to wait a couple minutes for a table, thank goodness because we had tickets to a concert after dinner.
We went and saw an a cappella group called Straight No Chaser. We were also lucky enough to be the first city on their tour to hear their holiday music. This group is amazing! Hopefully they come back to Albuquerque next year so we can make this a tradition.
I must say the 1st Date of Christmas was a success and fun! I can’t wait for more!!
Farina Pizzeria and Wine Bar
Shane on our 1st Date of Christmas!
This is the pizza we had – Bianca – fresh mozzarella, parmigiano, ricotta, truffle oil, sage, artichoke hearts
At the concert!
This was a crazy and weird week – I blame the election.
So this week I am grateful for….
Yeah I took a picture with the “I Voted” sticker – at least I didn’t make the duck face.
The end of political commercials and the right to vote.
Sleepy Time Vanilla Tea
Cozy on the couch with tea!
Sleepy Time Vanilla Tea and colder weather.
Napping with Bruce on a Sunday afternoon
Naps with Pets.
Have a great weekend!
This Christmas I made up a game and the Husband has graciously said he would play! I saw another blog do something similar to the 12 Dates of Christmas but being the
competitive creative person I am I decided we needed to step it up a notch.
So this is how it works –
Start whenever you want (12 dates in December can be a lot so feel free to start in November)
You plan six dates of the below categories and so does your partner so basically you should go on the same date categories twice. However, I bet the dates will be very different!
Figure out who goes first and whoever wins the (“coin toss” or “rock paper scissors, lizard, Spock” or “pick a number between 1 and 10”) or however you figure it out picks a date from the date category below.
Then the second person picks any date category of their choice. And so on and so forth until you have each taken your partner on six dates.
Hopefully ending near Christmas!
12 Dates of Christmas Categories
Dinner and a Movie for Two!
- This can be a rented movie or a movie in a theater. Dinner can be made at home, at a restaurant or ordered in.
Get out of the house
- This is exactly what it says – get out of the house. It can be anywhere and you can do anything as long as it’s not in the house.
- Ideas for this – go on a drive, go on a walk with a picnic, go play mini golf, go to a concert or event, take a walk in Old Town or in Santa Fe
Stay at Home Date
- This is the opposite of Get out of the House! Stay in and enjoy each other!
- Ideas for this – cook dinner together or cook for the other person. Light a fire and cuddle, watch your favorite movie or TV show, eat dinner/dessert, watch a movie in bed, take a bath, give a massage, there are so many ideas for this!!
- This can be any kind of activity as long as it’s something you as a couple have never done.
- Ideas for this – eat at a new restaurant, cook a meal you have never made before, go to a new city and spend the day there as tourists, do an activity we have never done like go to the shooting range or ice skating
- This is the opposite of Something New –
- To make this better it would be fun to do something that means a lot to both of you. Like visit the first place you kissed or eat where you had your first date or make your partners favorite meal and watch your favorite movie or TV Show
- Any kind of date as long as it takes place in the AM
- Ideas for this – breakfast in bed, brunch at your favorite restaurant, find a great place to watch the sunrise
This can take the place of two of the above dates because it will probably be expensive but here it is –
The Extended Date
- A weekend away – anything qualifies for an extended date as long as it’s trip somewhere where you stay over night
- Stay at a bed in breakfast, go to close city and stay there, if you want, hop on a plane and go on a mini vacation
- Like I said this is a bonus option. It’s the Holidays and things can get expensive so this is only if you find it within your budget or get a great deal
Shane and me on New Years 2011!