I inherited an espresso/latte maker. I LOVE it, although, I am still perfecting the art of the latte. Fortunately for me, my brother used to be employed at Starbucks so he has been able to give me tips.
I have been making “skinny” vanilla lattes thanks to my friend Arantha who bought me sugar free vanilla syrup.
Here are my tips for the best homemade latte!
- Make sure you give yourself plenty of time in the morning to make it – and clean up – so your husband does not get mad.
- Grind the espresso beans when people are awake. Not in the morning when your brother who works the evening news is still asleep. Because he is grumpy in the morning and does not want to be shocked into consciousness with the sound of a grinder.
- If you are really tired because you are dumb and stayed up later than you should have reading (because you are a nerd) or because you had some other less nerdy more important reason to stay up – make your latte a double or triple or whatever. Which means you make two, three four or eight espresso shots and pour your steamed milk over those shots!
- Pour the syrup into your cup then pour the espresso then pour the steamed milk.
- If you are running out of time – make it an iced latte. All you need to do is make the espresso. No need to steam the milk (which I tried because I am an idiot and my brother pointed out that I was just putting it on ice either way . . . )
- Don’t go to a place where there are no bathrooms after you enjoy your latte – because those things go right through you. And being in the middle of a really good movie or church sucks when the latte hits!
- Make one for a friend, relative or co-worker so they appreciate your hard work – and like you more!
That’s all hope you enjoy! Or just go to a coffee shop and get one. However, a bag of espresso beans costs just as much as one medium vanilla latte.